To our Lifetime Family Wellness Family,
Corona Virus is such a hot topic right now, with so much fear and panic surrounding it. We wanted to give you some hope and help on how to move forward without fear. Please share this page with your family, friends and neighbors to keep our community safe and healthy.
First and foremost, remember that the only way to catch anything is to become a hospitable host, meaning if you do not support your immune system, it opens the door for 'catching' any virus or disease we may come in contact with.
How do you become that hospitable host?
Eat a Poor Diet:
- A poor diet will not only deplete your body of the essential vitamins, minerals, enzymes and micronutrients needed to keep itself in good repair, but excess sugar increases inflammation in your body and suppresses your immune system and can lead to sickness and disease.
Avoid Adequate Rest:
- When you stay up late and use coffee and other stimulants to prevent sleep further suppresses your immune system because during sleep is when our bodies heal and regenerate. The more all-nighters you pull, the more you decrease your body's ability to respond to to any foreign invader.
- Not drinking adequate water reduces the effectiveness of your body's natural defense mechanisms.
- Exercise improves the efficiency of your immune system because not only does it bring air in and out of your lungs, improving oxygen levels, it also helps circulate lymphatic fluid, which is an important germ-fighting fluid.
Think Negative Thoughts:
- Fear and worry and panic feed and create more fear and worry and panic. AND research shows that this negativity actually contributes to higher inflammation levels, which again, further suppresses your immune system.
Rarely Wash your Hands:
- Touch all the doorknobs and key pads and hand railings that everyone else touches, and then use your dirty hands to touch your face, rub your eyes, pick your nose or wipe your lips, bringing those germs right to where they can get inside your system.
Skip your Chiropractic Adjustments:
- Your nervous system (your brain and spinal column) is the master system that controls your entire body. Every time you get adjusted, your nervous system functions better, which allows every other system to function at a higher level, including your immune system. People who get adjusted regularly get sick less often and get better faster when and if they do 'catch' something.
THE DATA SUPPORTING THAT LAST POINT IS QUITE REMARKABLE:
In 1918 there was a Spanish Flu Pandemic infecting 27% of the world’s population, an estimated 17M - 50M people.
In the state of Iowa, medical doctors treated 93,590 patients, with 6,116 deaths – a loss of 1 patient out of every 15. In the same state, 4,735 patients were treated by chiropractors with a loss of only 6 cases – a loss of 1 patient out of every 789.
National figures show that 1,142 chiropractors treated 46,394 patients for influenza during 1918, with a loss of 54 patients – 1 out of every 886.
Reports show that in New York City, during the influenza epidemic of 1918, out of every 10,000 cases medically treated, 950 died; and in every 10,000 pneumonia cases medically treated 6,400 died. These figures are exact, for in that city these are reportable diseases.
The same epidemic reports show that chiropractors 3,490 cases of influenza with only 7 deaths.
But the best part of this is, in Oklahoma there is a clear record showing that chiropractors were called in 233 cases where medical doctors had cared for the patients, and finally gave them up as lost. The chiropractors saved all these lost cases but 25.
If you have never been to a chiropractor, now is the time.
You and your family need chiropractic care! Chiropractic is true health care. Spinal adjustments support and improve your immune system, helping you stay healthy. We are here to serve YOU and we take that obligation seriously.
That being said, please know that there is no higher priority to your LFW team than everyone’s safety. Please remember that while schools and events have been cancelled, it is due to the concern of virus transmission in large groups (100+). At any given time in our office, there are rarely more than 15 people. Even so, we want you to feel confident when coming for your adjustments. As such, we have enhanced some of our cleaning procedures for your benefit.
Environmental infection control measures (consistently and correctly cleaning high touch surfaces including tables, chairs, countertops, doorknobs, etc.) have been enhanced.
We have removed small toys from the play area to prevent anything being placed into children's mouths, and the remaining toys are being disinfected multiple times per day.
We are diffusing a hospital grade hypochlourus solution throughout the office to kill any pathogens in the air.
We are giving you access to ordering immune boosting supplements through the company we trust the most, Standard Process. Dr. Burke specifically recommends SP Calcium Lactate, SP Thymex, SP Cataplex C, and SP Cataplex D. We have some of these items in stock, but due to high demand and limited supply, you can now order them directly from Standard Process through this link. You will be prompted to enter your Health Care Professional's Patient Direct code: 47DCXH.
In addition, if you are scheduled for care and you have a cough, fever or are sick, we ask that you please call the office to discuss your options so you can still receive your immune-boosting, life-giving adjustment, but also minimize the risk of exposing others to whatever is affecting you.
If you are unable to keep your appointment, please have the courtesy to call our office to reschedule.
Thank you for your patience and trust in our office. We are prepared to navigate through these challenging circumstances with your safety and confidence in us at the forefront of everything we do. We plan to stay open for regularly scheduled business hours so that we can continue to provide any needed care. We recognize having a highly functioning nervous system, a good diet filled with plenty of fruits and vegetables, rest, hydration, exercise, and a good mental attitude are key in keeping our bodies function at our best, especially during this high-stress time.
We look forward to adjusting you soon.